Campervan and car rental in Japan

Camgo campervan Tokyo / Osaka

International Driving Permit (Driver's license)

All foreign drivers are required to have an international driving license(Geneva convention 1949) or foreign(Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Slovenia, Monaco or Taiwan) driver's license with Japanese translation.

International driver's license
(Geneva convention 1949)


Foreign driver's license (Switzerland, Slovenia, Germany, France, Belgium, Monaco, Taiwan)

International Driving Permit
(Driver's license / Geneva Convention 1949)
Asia Filipine, India, Thailand, Bangladesh, Malaysia, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Cambodia, Laos, Korea, Hong Kong, Macau
Oceania New Zealand, Fiji, Australia, Papua New Guinea
Europe United Kingdom, Greece, Norway, Denmark, Sweden, Netherlands, Italy, Russia, Serbia, Montenegro, Spain, Finland, Portugal, Austria, Poland, Ireland, Hungary, Romania, Iceland, Bulgaria, Malta, Albania, Luxembourg, San Marino, Vatican, Kyrgyzstan, Georgia, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia
America USA, Canada, Peru, Cuba, Equador, Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Barbados, Dominican Republic, Guatemala, Haiti, Trinidad Tobago, Venezuela, Jamaica
Africa South Africa, Central Africa, Egypt, Ghana, Algeria, Morocco, Botswana,Democratic Republic of the Congo, Congo, Benin, Cote d'Ivoire, Lesotho,Madagascar, Malawi, Mari, Niger, Rwanda, Senegal, Sierra Leone,Togo,Tunisia, Uganda, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Burkina Faso, Nigeria
Middle east Turkey, Israel, Syria, Cyprus, Jordan, Lebanon, UAE

* Notice *

The driver who have driver's licenses issued in Switzerland, Germany, France, Belgium, Monaco, Estonia, Taiwan.
must carry the Japanese translation of the license with your national license. Please check this site ; Japan Automobile Federation (JAF)

Driver's license translation service

Driver's licenses issued in Germany, France, Switzerland, Belgium, Monaco, Estonia or Taiwan must be able to simultaneously present passport and Japanese translation of driver's license.

We could take care of an application for you.

What we need for application

Color copy (PDF or JPEG) of the front and back of the license.

Representation application fee : Inquiry

Please prepare clear photocopies of the front and back of the license, preferably in color, that allow the inscriptions on the license to be read clearly.

Please feel free ask us any question. Have fun on your trip!!